Less of Me to Love

By the way, just for the record, I do and will always NOT have a thigh gap. As if.

Less of Me to Love

I know it’s been a while. For those who missed it, I had a fall and fractured a TVP (transverse process) and sprained my thoracic something and have another sprain to my sacro-something something. Yeah, it was fun.

Having said all that: worse could have happened. So let’s give thanks for small miracles (and big ones).

So here’s a bit of good news: there is less of me to love.

I know what you’re thinking. Who would want LESS of me? Seriously? More is better, right?

Not if you’re my buttocks.

By the way, just for the record, I do and will always NOT have a thigh gap. As if.

By the way, just for the record, I do not and will always NOT have a thigh gap. As if.

So I decided, as I reached the halfway point of my loss-goal on Weight Watchers, to treat myself to a new avatar. I shed my cartoon self of about 15 pounds. And as I’m in Canada (and it was -2 this morning), I ditched my sandals and V-tank and moved into hoodie and boots territory.

What I’ve Learned So Far on Weight Watchers

I overeat. No. Really. I eat too much.

I nibble and deny. I binge and deny. I eat more than I should. That’s how I gained my weight. Yes, menopause doesn’t help. Yes, having a baby at 45 doesn’t help. But here’s a shocker: Nutella or peanut butter off a tablespoon doesn’t do much good either. Who knew? But it’s ok, I rationalized. I go to the gym.

And sometimes, I work out there. But not always. Sometimes I just put in my time and pat myself on my back (if I could reach it).

I came to realize that hey, food is 80% of my weight issue (kinda like cholesterol… it’s mostly genes and the other 20% is food). So no matter how much semi-time I put into the gym, unless I was going balls to the wall (it’s not dirty, look it up here), I was just going to get bigger. And no, I’m sad to say, Zumba is not balls to the wall. It’s fun, but generally speaking it’s just a warm up, really.

In all: putting on 16 pounds last fiscal kinda blew monkeys.

Ok. That was rude.

Eat Less. Move More.

Aye, there’s the rub (that’s for you, Juliette). Oh, that’s not rude either, although the word “rub” is involved.

So at the end of June, I took the plunge. And for the first time in my entire life, I enjoyed (nay, looked forward to) weighing myself.

Because I saw success. I saw movement in the right direction. I was eating less, and putting my heart (literally and figuratively) into my workouts. Somehow on the way, these past few years, I stopped working so hard on my workouts.

But one day I broke a bunch of things on my back and I was stuck for three solid weeks of doing very little but still eating less and guess what? I still lost weight. And when I returned to the gym this week, I was invigorated.

When you are stuck doing very little, you realize how little you were already doing and you mourn. Why didn’t I go to Group Power class? Why didn’t I up my workouts on the elliptical? Make the weights burn just a wee bit more?

So in all. I lost half my goal-weight so far. I’m back at the gym. I have a better sense of purpose.

I fully appreciate the sentiment “you are only cheating yourself” when I record my Weight Watchers points. Why lie about it? Why sneak food? The body tells the tale.

And this Thanksgiving, I did not “reward” myself with bonus pie and goodies. Because they are not rewards. And rewards for what? Graduating from kindergarten?  “Rewarding myself” was just setting me back. Anyone who’s seen me eat half a pumpkin pie in ten minutes knows that.

Well, except me.

What I’ve been Reading

Not much, actually. I couldn’t look down very well, nor sit. 🙁 But I did manage a few books in the past month.

Welcome to Fat Chance, Texas by Celia Bonaduce was a TREAT! Contemporary Romance. My review will be on LOVExtra.com soon.

Predator’s Trinity by Rosanna Leo. Tense and Intense! Contemporary Shifter Romance. My review’s already on LOVExtra.com.

I’ve been re-reading Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase but in French because I need to brush up on my French. And well, it’s just such a fantastic book.

BTW, my evil twin Terri L Austin has a book coming out this week: Diner Knock Out (Rose Strickland Mystery Book 4). It’s here October 20, 2015. PREORDER it! You won’t be sorry. Cozy Mystery. You know I’ll be having her stop by on LOVExtra.com about it. But more likely we’ll talk about reality TV. 

You Might Also Like

Drop me a line, I'm needy....