I think it’s true, a picture is worth a thousand words. And here’s my morning (cast thy eyes to screen right).
Not really. I hate marshmallows. Unless they’re dipped in dark chocolate. Then we have a product. I pinched these from one of the kids and placed them here to make myself look capricious and devil-may-care on social media.
I’m actually eating raw kale and fairy toots, per my new diet fad, to be discussed in another post.
But here’s a list of what I’ve done wrong this week.
A new random feature of my oft-neglected blog (because I’m too busy writing OTHER people’s blogs but hey, it’s a living).
- I didn’t exercise enough.
- I lost my temper.
- I didn’t do all the work I should have done, and spent too much time futzing with my projects (particularly LOVExtra).
- I lied about who ate the last mini Snickers bar (blamed the kitten).
- I ate cookies (but see note 5, below).
- I begged my friend to write my crappy novel (see note 6, below).
- I wrote too many blogs for other people.
But not to be too Negative Nancy on you all, I am proud to say I DID do some things right.
- I went to the gym and did 7 miles (ew) and my weights (yay).
- I drank green tea.
- I went a few nights without the loving embrace of sleep aids.
- I gave extra cuddles to everyone.
- I gave blood.
- I Skyped with my good friend Terri, and brainstormed my crappy novel.
- I wrote this blog post.
I weighed myself only once. It wasn’t bad. Wasn’t great. I guess that’s my way of saying I maintained. I have 30 pounds to lose before menopause throttles me (fortunately the oestrogen drop means I’ll forget that I need to lost 30, right? RIGHT?). I am working to remind myself it’s not about the weight any more, at my age. It’s about coronary health and bone density.
On my reading list (hoping to do by first week of December):